National Mojito Day (July 11) is coming up, and we want to make sure you’re as prepared as possible to celebrate Huntsville style. Here are five local mojitos you’ve got to try.
1. Old Black Bear
Old Black Bear is one of my favorite spots to hang out in Madison. Delicious eats, craft beer and a great atmosphere make for the best place to spend a weekend night.
The drink: Peach Mojito
The deets: Dark rum, muddled mint and lime, peach puree, simple syrup, soda
- Address: 208 Main St, Madison, AL 35758
- Hours: Sunday 10AM-4PM; Monday-Thursday 4-11PM; Friday-Saturday 11AM-11PM
2. Phat Sammy’s
The Hokkaido Beach highball from Phat Sammy’s isn’t technically a mojito, but with white rum, lime, mint and soda water, we think it fits the bill. Head to the tiki-themed restaurant and bar for a tropical getaway right in downtown Huntsville.
The drink: Hokkaido Beach
The deets: Cruzan white rum, mint lime peel syrup, highball soda
- Address: 104 Jefferson St S, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 3-11PM; Friday-Saturday 11AM-12AM
3. Rhythm on Monroe
The Von Braun Center’s resident rooftop bar offers creative, music-themed takes on the classics. See if you can find all the musical easter eggs in their menu.
The drink: Back in Blackberry Mojito
The deets: Cruzan light rum, lime juice, blackberry syrup, mint, club soda
- Address: 700 Monroe St SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Sunday 11AM-9PM; Monday-Tuesday 4-9PM; Wednesday-Thursday 4-10PM; Friday 4-11PM; Saturday 11AM-11PM
Downtown Huntsville’s newest boutique hotel, 106 Jefferson, has an in-house restaurant that you don’t want to miss. Try Revivalist’s signature Bay Dream drink, which takes heavy inspiration from the classic mojito.
The drink: The Bay Dream
The deets: Rum Haven coconut rum, lemon grass syrup, lime, club soda
- Address: 106 Jefferson St S, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Sunday 7AM-10PM; Monday-Thursday 6:30AM-10PM; Friday-Saturday 6:30AM-11PM
5. Cork & Crust
For delicious pizza, wine and cocktails in Madison, look no further than Cork & Crust.
The drink: Watermelon Mojito
The deets: Rum, Watermelon Schnapps, mint, house-made sweet + sour mix
- Address: 12120 County Line Rd, Madison, AL 35756
- Hours: Sunday 11AM-2PM; Tuesday-Thursday 4-8PM; Friday 4-9PM; Saturday 11AM-2PM, 4-9PM
Which mojito are you trying first? Be sure to share with us on social by using #hvilleblast and tagging @hvilleblast.
You must be logged in to post a comment.