It’s a big week for openings—and closings—in the Huntsville area. We’ve got the scoop which spots you can say hello and goodbye to this month. Read on for the details.
3rd Base Grill
We hate to be the bearers of bad news, but next Thursday, Oct. 13 will be your last chance to grab a bite at 3rd Base Grill.
Lewter Hardware Co.
After 94 years, Lewter Hardware will officially close its doors this week. Customers can head over this Saturday, Oct. 8, from 11-12 for a customer appreciation cookout to celebrate the business’ century of service to the Huntsville area.
Any inventory that hasn’t been sold by this weekend, plus other store property, will be auctioned off online.
Phil Sandoval’s Madison
Ask me how excited I am to have a Phil Sandoval’s five minutes from my house. (Answer: extremely excited.) The Huntsville staple opened its second location in Madison today—go for the delicious Mexican fare, stay for the complimentary soft serve ice cream.
- Address: 8217 Hwy 72 W, Madison, AL 35758
- Hours: Sunday, 10:45AM-9PM; Monday-Thursday, 10:45AM-9:30PM; Friday-Saturday, 10:45AM-10:30PM
- Open now
PBR Lockhart Smokehouse
The long-awaited opening of Bridge Street’s cowboy bar is almost here. Great BBQ, a professionally endorsed mechanical bull and a “cowboy cool” atmosphere are just days away.
- Address: 455 The Bridge St Suite 120, Huntsville, AL 35806
- Expected opening: Thursday, Oct. 20
Peppered Pig storefront
This one is an opening and a closing, because the Peppered Pig will be closing their food truck to move into a brick and mortar store in South Huntsville on Oct. 21. We don’t have an opening date for the store yet, but we’ll let you know ASAP. Peppered Pig will also post updates online.
- Food truck address: 11110 Memorial Pkwy SW, Huntsville, AL 35803
- Food truck hours: Tuesday-Friday 10AM-2PM
- Store address: 1305 4 Mile Post Rd SE, Huntsville, AL 35802
- Expected opening: TBD
Know about other closings + openings in Huntsville? Email me!
You must be logged in to post a comment.