Hey folks! Halloween is coming up, and y’all may be wondering about where, when and how your little ones will celebrate — trick-or-treating in the neighborhood, Halloween party, school events — and lately a popular option, the “trunk or treat” route, has picked up steam.
For those unfamiliar, a “trunk or treat” outing is just like trick-or-treating except instead of going door-to-door in a neighborhood, kids go to one location and get candy and have fun without going to individual homes. Well, here are five trunk or treat events happening this month in the Huntsville area:Read more
U.S. Space & Rocket Center – Oct. 29
Join the U.S. Space & Rocket Center for its 9th Annual Halloween party! In celebration of NASA’s Artemis program, this year’s event is all about the Moon, and will include hands-on activities, tunes by DJ Teddy, indoor trick-or-treating, and of course, a ton of candy!
Here are some more details:
- The event will take place on Saturday, October 29, from 5PM to 8:30PM
- Single ticket – $10; Family of five – $40; Ages 1 and under – Free
- Additional experiences including the Multi-Axis Trainer, Flight Simulators, and Hypership will be available for purchase on-site and online.
Earlyworks – Oct. 27-29
The EarlyWorks Museum annual Halloween Bash is Oct. 27-29, and features a specified path to trick-or-treat at stations that are strategically placed within the museum.
Here are some more details:
- Earlyworks Children’s Museum is located at 404 Madison St SE.
- Time: Oct. 27-29, 4:30PM – 8:30PM
- Tickets: $10 for ages 4 and up (3 and under are free)
- The event time is an estimated 30 minutes and could be more or less depending on the family.
- Because this event does not allow for much playtime in the Museum, each family will receive a 50% off admission coupon for a future visit.
Aldersgate UMC – Oct. 23
The Aldergate United Methodist Church Trunk or Treat event is at 11319 Memorial Pkwy SE Oct. 23. Dress up, bring your candy bag and go trunk to trunk collecting treats!
More details below:
- The event is Oct. 23 from 4PM to 6PM.
- This is a free community event for the whole family.
- In addition to trunk or treating, there will be free hot dogs, festival games and inflatables.
Toyota Field – Oct. 29
You can’t miss the third annual Trunk-Or-Treat Movie Night at Toyota Field Oct. 29. Not only will there be more than 60 trunks for the event with treats for the kids, but also a showing of The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Trick-or-treating on the Bill Penney Concourse and Toyota Outfield Experience at Toyota Field will be from 5PM to 7PM.
- The movie starts at 7:15PM
- If purchased in advance of the event, tickets are $10. On October 29, tickets will be available for $15.
- Parking at Toyota Field is free and will be available on the gravel parking lot.
Bootanica at Huntsville Botanical Garden – Oct. 28
What could be more fun than dressing up in costume and wandering around the beautiful Huntsville Botanical Garden getting tons and tons of candy? Well, Bootanica at the Garden is back this year Oct. 28. Kids can trick-or-treat in the Scarecrow Trail and enjoy crafts, games, face painting and more!
Here’s some more info:
- Time: 4PM to 6PM
- Cost: Member Adult: $0; Member Child (3-15): $8; Non-Member Adult: $17; Non-Member Child (3-15): $20; Children 2 and under: $0
- Refresh with food and drinks at the Garden Cafe.
So what’s YOUR plan for Halloween? Let us know on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram!
You must be logged in to post a comment.