It’s International Beer Day! To celebrate, we’ve rounded up five uniquely Huntsville beers you can’t find anywhere else. Read on for the full list.
1. Pineapple Milkshake—The Brewers Cooperative
What happens when you combine five beloved local brewers, great food and a perfect location? The Brewers Cooperative, a collaboration between Avondale, Druid City Brewing Company, Good People Brewing Company, Salty Nut and Straight to Ale. The taproom has 40 beers on tap at all times, including unique collaborative brews from the masterminds behind the 5 brands.
The beer: Pineapple Milkshake, a fruity IPA
- Address: 3414 Governors Dr SW, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Hours: Sunday 11AM-8PM; Monday-Thursday 11AM-10PM; Friday-Saturday 11AM-11PM
2. Craft Root Beer—Fractal Brewing Project
For all the fun of a craft drink without the alcohol, try Fractal Brewing Project’s collection of zero-alcohol drinks. They also carry a rotating selection of kombucha and nitro cold brewed coffee.
The beer: Craft Root Beer, brewed in-house
- Address: 3200 Leeman Ferry Rd SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Sunday 11AM-7PM; Monday-Thursday 3-9PM; Friday 1-11PM; Saturday 11AM-11PM
Ready for fall weather already? Let’s be real—we’ve got a solid two months at least before the first chill of fall starts to set in. But, you can get in the spirit with Yellowhammer’s Oktoberfest, on tap now.
The beer: A 5.5% Oktoberfest Märzen
- Address: 2600 Clinton Ave W, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Hours: Sunday 11AM-8PM; Monday-Thursday 11AM-9PM; Friday-Saturday 11AM-11PM
4. Herbal Fixation—Salty Nut
There’s nothing like a local collab. Salty Nut got together with Offbeat Coffee Studio to produce the Herbal Fixation, a sour that you can find on tap now.
The beer: Herbal Fixation, a sour with hibiscus, citrus herbs and lemongrass
- Address: 2404 Clinton Ave W, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Hours: Sunday 2-8PM; Monday-Friday 4-10PM; Saturday 2-10PM
5. Wright Flights—Bowler Hat
Why choose just one beer when you could try four? That’s the spirit behind the Wright Flights at Bowler Hat Brewing Company, which allow you to get a sample of four different brews.
The beer: A flight of any 4 Bowler Hat beers
- Address: 7429 Hwy 72 W C, Madison, AL 35758
- Hours: Sunday 1-6PM; Monday-Thursday 4-9PM; Friday 3-11PM; Saturday 11AM-11PM
Let us know how you’re celebrating International Beer Day by tagging @hvilleblast and using #hvilleblast.