This Saturday, February 26, will be a huge day for Mardi Gras celebrations in Huntsville. Choose from family friendly block parties, a winery soiree, an 80s event and more. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Mardi Gras Block Party on Holmes
Downtown Huntsville Inc. is throwing a Mardi Gras block party this Saturday featuring music, beads and specials from all your favorite downtown spots.
- 6PM-8PM: Randy Taylor performing on Holmes
- 6PM-10PM: Nossa Samba & Standly Dan performing at BeeZr
- 8PM until: afterparty with a DJ at Stella’s Elixir Lounge
2. Mardi Gras Music Festival at The Camp
The Camp’s Mardi Gras at MidCity has been rolling since February 11, but you don’t want to miss the all-day festival happening on Saturday, February 26.
- Francis Rockin’ Doopsie Jr. & the Zydeco Twisters
- Soul Brass Band
- Young Fellaz and the Mardi Gras Indians
3. Mardi Gras at Sammy T’s Music Hall
Sammy T’s is hosting a Mardi Gras party on “Huntsville’s biggest dance floor.” Head over Saturday for an all-night party.
- DJ Whirl
4. Most Awesomely 80’s Mardi Gras Blowout at Innerspace
Head over to Innerspace Brewing for a totally 80’s Mardi Gras party. Wild Life in the Working Class, a Huntsville-based 80’s pop band, will provide the entertainment. They’ll be performing favorites by Duran Duran, David Bowie, Talking Heads and more.
5. Mardi Gras Party at Humphrey’s
Find brunch specials, live music and more with no cover charge at Humphrey’s this Saturday. Get there early for $0.99 mimosas from 10-11, or stay all day for deals on hurricanes and Abita beer and a New Orleans-inspired menu.
- 3PM-6PM: Seeking Babylon
- 6PM-9PM: Aaron Stapler and Justus Storm
- 9PM-12:30AM: Electric Mojo
6. Masquerade Mardi Gras Party at Robyn’s Garden
If a winery soiree is more your style, try the Masquerade Mardi Gras party at Robyn’s Garden Winery this weekend. Dress up and head over for wine, hors d’oeuvres and prizes.
- DJ Hot Rod14
- Yolanda Denson