Next week, we’ll celebrate one of the most important holidays of the year…if comfort food and melty cheese are important to you. (Sorry, lactose intolerant friends.)
April 12 is National Grilled Cheese Day, and as usual, we’ve got recommendations for where you should celebrate. Try out one of these seven Huntsville spots:
We’d be remiss if we didn’t include Melt as the first spot on the list. Head to the downtown spot for every variation on the classic grilled cheese that you could want.
- Address: 201 Jefferson St N Suite I, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Sunday 10:30AM-8PM; Monday-Thursday 11AM-9PM; Friday-Saturday 11AM-10PM
2. Jack Brown’s Beer & Burger Joint
What would a burger joint be without a house grilled cheese? At Jack Brown’s, you can find one for less than $3—sounds like a steal to me.
- Address: 123 North Side Square Ste 100, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: 11AM-2AM every day
3. Parm & Pepper
Head to Parm & Pepper at Stovehouse for a grilled cheese with a kick. Their Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese sounds like the perfect combination of tailgate apps and comfort food.
- Address: 3414 Governors Dr SW Suite 510, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Hours: Sunday 11AM-3PM; Tuesday-Thursday 11AM-8PM; Friday-Saturday 11AM-9PM
Does a hot ham & cheese count? Let’s see…ciabatta bread, ham, cheddar cheese + mayo grilled until it’s toasty and served up with your choice of delicious sides. Sounds like a grilled cheese to me.
- Address: 472 Providence Main St NW #100, Huntsville, AL 35806
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 7AM-7PM; Friday-Saturday 7AM-8PM
- Address: 2004 Airport Rd SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 6:30AM-7PM; Friday-Saturday 6:30AM-8PM
5. Good Company Cafe
Good Company’s Glorified Grilled Cheese comes complete with pulled pork, Swiss and Havarti cheeses and arugula pesto on sourdough bread. One word: yum.
6. Big Spring Cafe
For classic diner fare, don’t forget about Big Spring Cafe. Their menu has all the delicious grub you love, including, of course, the grilled cheese.
7. Peppered Pig
Peppered Pig’s Cheesy Sandwich almost sounds too good to be true. Picture this: two grilled cheese sandwiches on Texas toast with Swiss and Colby cheese + stuffed with homemade mac and cheese. If that’s not enough, you can add bacon. Wow.
Who has the best grilled cheese in town? Let us know by tagging @hvilleblast and using #hvilleblast on social media.