It’s National Margarita Day, and we know of several spots around town where you can get a unique, handcrafted and delicious drink to celebrate.
Read on for seven Huntsville margaritas you need to try.
1. Stella’s Elixir Lounge: Met Gala Margarita
The Met Gala Margarita is part of Stella’s limited-time winter cocktail menu. Head over soon to try it before it’s gone: you’ll love the combination of cranberry, lime, orange, mint and—of course—tequila, topped off with a sugared rim.
2. Rosie’s: Mambo Taxi
Rosie’s is one of Huntsville’s favorite spots for lots of reasons, and we suspect that the Mambo Taxi is on that list. The swirled concoction is a combo of a classic frozen margarita with Yago Sangria, resulting in a drink you won’t find at any other spot.
Luckily, Rosie’s has two locations in town:
- Memorial Parkway: 7540-A Memorial Pkwy SW, Huntsville, AL 35802
- University: 6196 University Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
3. Taco Mama: Prosecco Fizz
This is the drink to try when you want a classic margarita with a bubbly twist. Taco Mama’s Prosecco Fizz keeps it simple with a combination of tequila, lime and simple syrup topped with sparkling wine and orange liqueur.
Here’s where you can find it around Huntsville:
- Clift Farm: 419 John Henry Way Ste K, Madison, AL 35757
- Downtown Huntsville: 301 Pelham Ave SW Ste C8, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Jones Valley: 2750 Carl T Jones Dr SE Ste 1500B, Huntsville, AL 35802
- Village of Providence: 328 Providence Main St NW Suite A, Huntsville, AL 35806
4. BarVista: Spicy Jalisco Margarita
Bitter, sweet, sour, spicy—you’ll find all these flavors in BarVista’s Spicy Jalisco Margarita. Grapefruit juice, jalapeños and jalapeño bitters punch up traditional margarita flavors for a drink you won’t forget.
5. Rhythm on Monroe: Tupelo Honey Margarita
Rhythm on Monroe’s musical theme can be found throughout the menu. If the honey-sweetened margarita isn’t your thing, try the Back in Blackberry Mojito or the My Paloma instead.
6. La Esquina Cocina: Seasonal margaritas
At La Esquina Cocina downtown, choose from one of three seasonal margs:
- butterfly pea: an electric blue flower with a green tea-like flavor
- mixed berry: a combo you know and love
- tamarind: based on a sweet and tangy tropical fruit
7. Hops N Guac: House Margarita
There’s nothing wrong with sticking to the classics. Get the Hops N Guac House Margarita in the classic, skinny or spicy variety.
Location: 2620 Clinton Ave W Suite B, Huntsville, AL 35801
Hours: Sunday 11AM-10PM; Tuesday-Thursday 4PM-10PM; Friday 4PM-1AM; Saturday 11AM-1AM
Which marg are you trying first? Let us know by tagging @hvilleblast or using #hvilleblast.