Alabama A&M University announced last week that its College of Engineering, Technology and Physical Sciences has selected Dr. Zhengtao (Z.T.) Deng to lead the engineering school.
Deng has been with the AAMU engineering school since 1992. Here’s what you need to know about Dr. Deng:Read more
Meet Dr. Z.T. Deng
Deng already has a strong connection to Alabama A&M, as he has been with the school for 30 years now. Deng started his academic career at AAMU in 1992 in the School of Engineering and Technology (previous name of the College of Engineering, Technology and Physical Sciences).
During his continuous career at AAMU, he has served and continues to serve as a principal investigator on multiple externally funded research grants and contracts.
Dr. Deng’s accomplishments at AAMU include:
- One of the founding members of AAMU’s Mechanical Engineering Program and is a full professor in the Department.
- Selected as the University’s Outstanding Teacher in 2013.
- Outstanding Faculty of the Year for the College of Engineering in 2013 and 2018.
- Alabama A&M University’s Outstanding Researcher in 2018.
- Became the Faculty Associate for Research and Scholarship in the College of Engineering, Technology and Physical Sciences in 2015
- Appointed Interim Dean of the College in 2019.
AAMU’s rich engineering history
The engineering school at AAMU is listed among the nation’s best, especially considering the cost of tuition and access to some of the top engineering firms in the word right here in Huntsville.
In fact, HBCU Digest named AAMU as a top program in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) among all historically black colleges and universities.
Follow Hville Blast on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.