Hey Huntsville, it’s weekend time again, and you’re going to want to get out and about in the Huntsville area to enjoy the coming of spring. And wouldn’t you know it? There are plenty of fun events in Huntsville and the area this weekend.
Here are a few things to put on your list:Read more
Among the fun events in Huntsville this weekend are some cool live music shows of varying genres. You’re sure to find something you’ll like this weekend:
- Jam Session with Browns Ferry Meltdown: March 3, Cavalry Hill Public Library, 3PM. Local band folk fusion band Browns Ferry Meltdown will take you on a brief trip through the evolution of blues.
- Silver Silos: March 3, Fractal Brewing, 7PM. Fractal is always a great place to see live music, and local favorites Silver Silos should be a great show Friday night!
- Dylan Scott: March 3, Mars Music Hall 7PM. Catch this critically-acclaimed pop country music star at the VBC’s Mars Music Hall!
- Matt Prater: March 4, Stovehouse, 6PM. Stovehouse is a fabulous spot to catch some live music, and with Matt Prater on the stage, you’ll have a great time!
- Stanley Dan with Nossa Samba: March 4, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 7PM. Stanley Dan and Nossa Samba will perform a combined concert Saturday.
Theater, Arts + Shows
Want to see a hit Broadway musical? How about a comic book convention? Maybe you want to go to a kite festival. Well you can do all of that if you want this weekend. There are tons of fun events in Huntsville this weekend that can cure your curiosity:
- Huntsville Comic Convention: March 3-4, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 11AM – 7PM. This is an affordable, fan-friendly show with great guests, amazing dealers and artists bringing thousands of comic books, toys, J-POP, Manga & Anime Items, T-Shirts, jewelry, posters, collectibles and more!
- “Aladdin” the Musical: March 3-5, Mark C. Smith Concert Hall, Fri. 8PM, Sat. 2PM & 8PM, Sun. 1PM & 6:30PM. Disney’s “Aladdin” is brought to life on stage in this hit musical.
- Spring Home + Garden Show: March 3-5, Von Braun Center South Hall, 10AM – 6PM. Get your home ready for spring at the annual Spring Home + Garden Show!
- Community Kite Festival: March 4, John Hunt Park, 11AM-3PM. Bring your kites (or buy one there) and watch as the sky fills with colors and fantastic shapes at the 11th Annual Community Kite Festival. There will be food trucks, activities, live music and more!
- Kick Cancer Chili Cookoff: March 4, Clearview Cancer Institute, 11:30AM – 2PM. Benefiting the Jeanne Shepherd Fund, come out to see who wins the Chili Cookoff, win prizes, listen to live music, eat at the food trucks available and play games with your family and friends!
Sports + Fitness
Don’t forget to out some sports on your calendar this weekend! Pro soccer, yoga, college lacrosse, basketball and more fun events in Huntsville are happening over the next few days:
- Gurley Lions Club 5K: March 4, Gurley Public Library, 12PM. All proceeds will go toward both helping the Gurley Public Library and meeting other community needs through the Gurley Lions Club.
- Curling Lessons: March 4, Huntsville Ice Center, 6PM. Ever wanted to learn the Olympic sport of curling? Here’s your chance, hosted by the Rocket City Curling Club!
- North Alabama War Dawgs: March 4, James Clemens High School, 7PM. The North Alabama War Dawgs basketball team hosts the Georgia Gwizzlies Saturday night.
- UAH Women’s Lacrosse: March 4, Charger Park, 12PM. Cheer on the Chargers women’s lacrosse team as they take on Florida Southern.
- Huntsville City Football Club vs. Savannah Clovers: March 4, John Hunt Park, 3:30PM. Your very own pro soccer team, the Huntsville City Football Club is playing a preseason friendly Saturday afternoon!
Want more info and updates on what’s happening in and around Huntsville? Follow us on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter.
You must be logged in to post a comment.