Independence Day is Monday, which means many people have plans to celebrate this weekend, and of course, there are plenty of 4th of July celebrations in the Huntsville area already scheduled this weekend.
If you are looking for live music, sports, markets or outdoors events in the area, Hville Blast has you covered. Here is just a taste of what’s happening in and around the Rocket City this weekend.
Here are some great live music events in Huntsville and the surrounding areas. Looks like a pretty good lineup!
- Year of October: July 1, Copper Top, 8PM. Year of October is heading back to Huntsville to rock Copper Top again. This time along with locals Lua Sol & The BoLee III.
- Ricky Stereo: July 1, Sidetracks Music Hall, 6PM, Celebrate International Reggae Day with reggae artists Ricky Stereo.
- Roses Unread: July 2, Shagnasty’s Grubbery & Pour House, 8PM. An evening of female heavy hitters bringing some charhed rock and roll to Shagnasty’s.
- Jayne & the Huntsmen: July 2, Stovehouse, 7PM. Expect tunes by the Huntsmen plus their favorite all-time covers as the duo soars with harmonies.
- April Pendergrass Duo: July 3, Humphrey’s, 6PM. Enjoy good food, a great atmosphere and the melodic music of April Pendergrass at Humphrey’s.
- Legends on the Lake (featuring Johnny Collier & The Misbehaviators): July 3, Lake Guntersville, 4PM. Great food, cold drinks and boot-stompin’ country music with Johnny Collier & The Misbehaviators.
Festivals, shows and markets
As I said, there is obviously plenty of 4th of July-related celebration this weekend, but I did want to mention again that there are several events in addition to those celebrations that you can add to your agenda, including:
- Food Truck Mania: July 1, The Palace HSV, 5PM. Soulful Events Expo HSV presents a community food truck rally featuring food trucks/trailers, sno-cones, ice cream, desserts and more.
- Crawfish Festival: July 2, Toyota Field, 4PM. The festival will include activities like putt-putt and cornhole, food trucks, and inflatables. The event will also feature several contests, including crawfish eating, hot dog eating, watermelon eating, sack races, and a hula hoop contest.
- Hazel Green Athletics 2nd Annual Car Show: July 2, Billy Hunter Park, 4PM. This includes food trucks, fast cars and fireworks, so don’t miss it.
- Athens Saturday Market: July 2, Green Street Pavillion, 8AM. One of the best farmers markets in North Alabama ! Highly recommended!
- Betty Grisham: A Celebration. July 3, Huntsville Museum of Art. This is the opening of the Huntsville Museum of Art’s newest exhibit, displaying the art of North Alabama artist Betty Grisham.
Sports & fitness
Here are some of the sports-related events happening in the Huntsville area this weekend:
- I Love America 5K: July 1, South Huntsville, 8AM.
- Wheeler Lake KOA Corn Hole Tournament: July 2-3, Wheeler Lake KOA. Join KOA’s ‘Amateur Corn-hole Tournament’ on Saturday at Wheeler Lake KOA in Hillsboro. It will be a day of fun for the whole family with food trucks, a band, and of course, a big Corn-hole Tournament at the beach.
- North Alabama SC vs. Apotheos: July 2, John Hunt Park, 3:30PM, 6:30PM. Cheer on the North Alabama SC, Huntsville’s pro soccer teams – that’s right TWO games, the men’s and women’s teams will play – Saturday.
- Rocket City Trash Pandas vs. Chattanooga Lookouts: July 4, Toyota Field, 6:35PM. Celebrate July 4th at Toyota Field with the Trash Pandas!