It’s about to be a busy week in Huntsville! With Armed Forces Celebration Week festivities kicking off this evening and the Fourth of July just a week from today, we’ve got several days of fun, family-friendly, patriotic events for you to choose from.
Read on to find out what events we’re keeping an eye on.
1. Fourth of July Celebration at MidCity
Head to MidCity this weekend for three days packed with Independence Day events. Here’s the lineup so you know what to look forward to:
- Live music
- Mullet + mustache contest
- Live music
- Market at MidCity
- Watermelon Carving Contest
Plus, find food and drink specials all weekend long. Here are the deets:
- When: Friday, July 1-Sunday, July 3
- Where: The Camp at MidCity, 5909 University Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35805
2. Star Spangled Celebration in Madison
Madison residents, this one’s for you! Madison Parks and Recreation is hosting a Star Spangled Celebration at Dublin Park this weekend. Park at Bob Jones High School to catch a shuttle to Dublin Park, where you’ll find food vendors, live music, inflatables and more. The best part? The event is free!
- When: Saturday, July 2, 5-9PM
- Where: Dublin Park, 8324 Old Madison Pike, Madison, AL 35758, with parking at Bob Jones, 650 Hughes Rd, Madison, AL 35758
3. Museum of Art Community Free Day for Independence Day
Art lovers, this weekend is your chance to take in all the Huntsville Museum of Art has to offer for free. The museum is waiving admission fees this Sunday, so head over to enjoy all the art on exhibit now. We recommend checking out the Dorothea Lange photography exhibit, only available through August 7.
- When: Sunday, July 3, 12-5PM
- Where: Huntsville Museum of Art, 300 Church St SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
4. Crawfish Festival + July 4th with the Trash Pandas
The Rocket City Trash Pandas are hosting not one, but TWO great events for the Fourth of July this weekend.
First, on Saturday, head to Toyota Field for a Crawfish Festival complete with live entertainment, yard games and inflatables, a fireworks show, and (of course) delicious food. Then, go back on Monday to watch the Trash Pandas take on the Chattanooga Lookouts, with patriotic jerseys and a fireworks spectacular to cap of the long weekend.
July 4th with the Trash Pandas
5. 4th of July Music and Fireworks in Providence
The Village of Providence is hosting a Fourth of July celebration with music and fireworks for the whole family. Grab a bite at your favorite spot in Providence before heading to the park to enjoy the show.
- When: Monday, July 4, 7-9PM
- Where: The Village of Providence, 7 Town Center Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
What are your Fourth of July plans? Share them with us by tagging @hvilleblast and using #hvilleblast on social media!