This summer brought some pretty significant change to one of Huntsville’s premier medical facilities, as Crestwood Medical Center named a new CEO.
Matthew Banks has taken over the helm at Crestwood, replacing Dr. Pam Hudson, whose tenure as CEO began in 2007. Here’s what Banks brings to Crestwood:
New leadership at Crestwood Medical Center
Banks joins Crestwood from Merit Health Wesley, a 211-bed acute care facility in Hattiesburg, Miss., where he has served as CEO for the past 4 years.
Previously, he was CEO at Davis Regional Medical Center in Statesville, N.C.; chief operating officer at Lake Norman Regional Medical Center in Mooresville, N.C.; and chief operating/nursing officer and Interim CEO at Stringfellow Memorial Hospital in Anniston.
“We are confident in Matthew’s exceptional leadership and hospital operational expertise to not only continue our mission of providing quality care with service excellence and more access for our growing region but also to develop effective, collaborative relationships with our physicians, employees, and community as a whole. His commitment to the community’s well-being, advancements in medical care, and working closely with local government, businesses, and community organizations will support continued delivery of quality healthcare in our area.”Mike Gillespie, chair of the board of trustees for Crestwood Medical Center
Banks holds his Bachelor of Science in nursing, Bachelor of Science in psychology, and Master of Science in nursing with a concentration in health services administration from the University of Alabama in Birmingham and an associate degree in nursing from Troy University. Banks assumed his position at Crestwood Medical Center at the end of June.
Big shoes to fill
Banks has some pretty big shoes to fill at Crestwood. As he eases into the role of Crestwood’s CEO, Banks is working closely with his predecessor, Dr. Pam Hudson, who is in a new executive position focusing on physician initiatives at the 180-bed hospital.
“I am thankful she will continue to be a member of our team. She will help us keep up with the growth of Huntsville and meet the needs of our community.”New Crestwood Medical Center CEO Matthew Banks
Hudson, has a long list of impressive accomplishments that occurred during her tenure, including:
- A 60-bed patient tower addition.
- A 17-bed expansion of the emergency department.
- The recruitment of 80 primary and key specialty care physicians.
- The addition of 10 primary care clinics across the community for ease of patient care access.
- The addition of an all-private room, 10-bed neonatal intensive care unit (NICU).
- Outpatient services in Madison and northern Madison County.
- Crestwood continues to be a strong corporate citizen in the community and consistently ranks among the top 20 employers in Madison County with approximately 1,200 employees and a total annual payroll of over $83.6 million.
- In 2021, Crestwood contributed $14.2 million in property and sales taxes; spent $12.2 million in capital projects for new patient-care equipment and to improve the physical plant; and provided approximately $137.6 million in charity and uncompensated care for the uninsured and underinsured people of our community.
Before she was CEO, Hudson served as Crestwood’s chief operating officer, chief medical officer and was an emergency room physician for several years.
Follow Hville Blast on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.