Father’s Day is this Sunday, June 19—which we hope isn’t news to you. 😉
Looking for a way to celebrate in Huntsville? No worries. We’ve found seven events that will help you celebrate, from whiskey and wine tastings to athletic endeavors. Plus, read to the end for a list of restaurant specials to try this Sunday.
1. Climb at High Point
Whether you’re a climbing aficionado or a newbie just looking for your opportunity to give it a try, you should check out Father’s Day at High Point. The best part? Dads climb free when you purchase a pass for someone else.
- When: Sunday, June 19 at 10AM
- Where: High Point Climbing and Fitness, 1020 Nunnahsae, N Park Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
2. Cupcake Decorating
The best kind of event takes care of the Father’s Day menu for you. Regale Cupcakery’s Father’s Day Cupcake Decorating event does just that. Each cupcake is $5, and all supplies (including sprinkles, cupcake toppers and more) are included.
- When: Saturday, June 18 from 12-3PM
- Where: Regale Cupcakery, 4925 University Dr NW #114, Huntsville, AL 35816
3. Tennessee Whiskey Experience
Tennessee Valley Wine Tours is organizing a visit to Lynchburg, Tennessee for Father’s Day. Lynchburg is home to the Jack Daniels Distillery, Lynchburg Winery and Lynchburg Distillery, and it’s only about an hour from Huntsville. You’ll meet the tour group to board the bus at the Alabama Welcome Center in Elkmont. Tickets are $40, but you’re advised to bring extra cash for individual distillery tours.
- When: Sunday, June 19 from 12-7PM
- Where: Meet at the Alabama Welcome Center, 28232 Upper Elkton Rd, Elkmont, AL 35620
- Get tickets
4. Wine Tasting
The Wine Cellar is hosting a tasting with a twist this weekend: Dads get in free. The tasting is $20 for everyone else and will feature a unique, curated lineup.
- When: Saturday, June 18 from 6-8PM
- Where: The Wine Cellar, 2304 Whitesburg Dr, Huntsville, AL 35801
5. Car Show
Father’s Day is the perfect time for a car show. Regency Retirement Village will be hosting one this Friday, with entertainment, fried Oreos and funnel cakes and gift card prizes for fan-favorite cars.
- When: Friday, June 17 at 1:30PM
- Where: Regency Retirement Village, 2004 Max Luther Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35810
6. Trash Pandas Baseball + giveaway
What better way to celebrate Father’s Day than by heading to a Trash Pandas baseball game? To celebrate, the Trash Pandas will be giving away fedoras to the first 1,500 men over the age of 18.
- When: Sunday, June 19 at 2:35PM
- Where: Toyota Field, 500 Trash Panda Way, Madison, AL 35758
- Get tickets
7. Brunch, lunch + dinner specials
Here are a few Father’s Day meals that you can treat Dad to. (PS: We’ll update this list as more are added.)
- Grille on Main invites you to celebrate Father’s Day with brunch or dinner. (I’ve heard their steaks are some of the best in town—maybe you should let dad be the judge?)
- Cotton Row is offering a special, three-course Father’s Day brunch menu that you don’t want to miss for $55 per person.
- Urban Cookhouse is serving a special Father’s Day carryout meal that you can pick up any time between 10:30AM and 7PM Sunday—just make sure to order by 6PM Saturday!
How are you celebrating Father’s Day this year? Let us know by tagging @hvilleblast and using #hvilleblast on social media!