While fall is officially still a couple of months away, the Huntsville Botanical Garden is gearing up for the season by urging folks to enter their scarecrows into the Scarecrow Trail, a fall family tradition at the Garden.
Families, community groups, businesses, schools and individuals are all invited to build a scarecrow for the Scarecrow Trail.But you need to enter by Aug. 25.
An autumn tradition
The Scarecrow Trail is part of the Huntsville Botanical Garden’s “Festifall” tradition, which includes the trail, pumpkins, fall flower displays and more. And you can get in on the tradition by registering your scarecrow for inclusion on the trail by Aug. 25.
From September 3 through October 31, 2022, the Huntsville Botanical Garden will be home to a bounty of fun, friendly scarecrows created by local community members. But these scarecrows are special: they are all inspired by nature!
Anyone can participate: families, community groups, businesses, schools, and individuals are all welcome to join in the fun.
How to enter, and what you need to know
Interested in making your own scarecrow for the Scarecrow Trail? Here’s what you need to know:
- Anyone can participate: families, community groups, businesses, schools and individuals are all welcome to join in the fun.
- Entry fee is $45 per scarecrow for individuals, families, and school or community groups and $100 per scarecrow for businesses.
- Scarecrows should be themed around plants and nature: your favorite season, your favorite tree or flower, or yourself as a gardener.
- Build your scarecrow on the T-frame provided by the Garden to allow for easy installation.
- Be prepared to transport and install your scarecrow in the Garden. Garden staff will help you find your scarecrow’s designated location, where there will be a post in the ground for easy installation
- Let your scarecrow be the star of the show! Please minimize vignette displays.
- Build your scarecrow with durable materials that will withstand the elements.
- Build your scarecrow with materials that you do not expect to be returned. The Garden is not responsible for any lost or damaged items.
- Provide your name and the name of your scarecrow for the Garden to display. Additional signage, pamphlets or handouts are not permitted.
- Make sure your scarecrow is aligned with the theme and suitable for all ages. Any entry in poor taste for family viewing, depicting controversial subjects or overtly commercial or political will not be accepted. The Garden reserves the right to refuse any entry.
Are you in? Okay, well, complete the entry registration form online, and stop by anytime during regular Garden hours to pick up the frame for your scarecrow. Frames will be available under the solar panels, located next to the Pavilion and the Blue Parking Lot.
Be sure to follow Hville Blast on Facebook and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.