The Huntsville Museum of Art has released its schedule for its yearly Art Academy, continuing its tradition of art education for more than 40 years.
Classes include artist workshops for seasoned artists, and even beginners’ courses for teens and kids. Learn all about it below:Read more: Huntsville Museum of Art releases new Art Academy schedule
Something for everybody
The Academy’s programs are held in two classrooms on the Plaza Level in the Museum overlooking Big Spring Park. Schedules include classes for preschoolers through adults.
The Academy offers workshops and classes in a variety of media year-round. You can find something to suit your interests whether you are a beginner or an experienced artist.
Classes are taught by experienced instructors and teaching artists who use the Museum – working in the studios and the galleries – as an expanded classroom. Click here to view the Instructors’ Bios
How to Register
Here is some more info to get you started:
- All materials are provided for the children’s classes.
- Pre-registration is required. To register, call 256-535-6372 or register online by selecting the desired class.
- Fee covers the date(s) listed with each class.
Categories include (click the link to register):
- Artsy Tots: Introduces toddlers between the ages of 2 and 3 to art and to the museum through artful short stories, gallery play activities, and an art activity.
- Preschool: Classes are held in the Museum Academy classrooms located downstairs in the Museum.
- Create Saturdays: Families and children are invited to participate in a range of programs especially designed with younger visitors in mind.
- After school classes for teens and children: Art workshops and new projects are available for kids and teens — but space is limited!
- Home-schooled students: Classes include ceramics, elements of art and more!
- High School & Adult: Pick from water color classes, sculpting, drawing and more.
- Parent & Child: Make art a family activity with studio art adventures.
- Master Artist Workshops: For the serious artist who wants to learn from some of the best artists in the field today.
If a class is sold out, please email your name and phone number to Laura E. Smith, Director of Education/Museum Academy at email@example.com to be added to the wait list.