A quick 45-minute trip Southeast of Huntsville will bring you to Guntersville, Alabama, home of City Harbor at Lake Guntersville.
This new multi-use development, which opened last year, already brings a lot to the table—places to stay, restaurants and retail stores. Not to mention, it’s on a gorgeous lake—Lake Guntersville.
But, according to a report by WAFF 48, this development isn’t done yet. Here’s what’s planned for this year.
The new developments
First up, condos. City Harbor is planning to break ground on new residential condos within the next couple of months. There will be 20 units when complete.
Next, more docks. Right now, 40 docks adorn Lake Guntersville as a part of the City Harbor development, but they’re adding on 10 more.
Finally, a new hotel. After announcing the hotel last year, City Harbor hopes to break ground on the project this summer, eventually allowing more guests to stay on-site at the lakeside attraction.
What you can find in City Harbor at Lake Guntersville right now
Until the new developments are complete, there are still plenty of reasons to visit City Harbor. Here’s what they’ve got already.
- City Harbor Suites, a boutique hotel
- Levi’s on the Lake, a bar with lots of live music
- Home ReDecor, a home store with “Repurposed, Refurbished, Revised” goods
- Another Broken Egg Cafe, a brunch spot with southern favorites
- Big Mike’s Steakhouse, a steakhouse that you won’t leave hungry
- La Esquina Cocina, a modern Mexican restaurant with locations in both Downtown Huntsville and City Harbor
- The Brewers Cooperative, a dining, brewery and entertainment spot that you might recognize from their other location at Stovehouse
Want updates like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter today.
You must be logged in to post a comment.