A date has been set for the groundbreaking for a new UAH student apartment complex, which will be called Nexus on Holmes. This project was issued a building permit last month, and a groundbreaking ceremony is set for October 10.
Nexus on Holmes will address a pressing issue of student housing at UAH, and will provide a host of amenities for tenants. Here’s more:
Nexus on Holmes
Nexus on Holmes is a $60 million project by Capstone Development Partners and Boaz Ventures, and is located at 4315 Holmes Avenue NW in Huntsville, next to the UAH Campus Recreation Center. The project is being constructed by Fite Building Company and was designed by Williams Blackstock Architects.
Proximity and convenience to UAH — and rental rate affordability — are key goals for the project, with the new community offering its residents a dynamic location providing easy walkability to campus, a variety of unit types, and modern amenities.
Here are some details about this new UAH student apartment community:
- Nexus will feature ample green space and pedestrian connectivity to the UAH campus.
- This will be a 249-unit, 239,000 SF student housing community that will house upper-division undergraduate and graduate students, university faculty and staff, and others.
- The complex will include 4BR/4BA; 2BR/2BA; and 1BR furnished apartments.
- The project will provide indoor and outdoor amenities for residents, including two courtyards, an outdoor pool and BBQ grilling area, as well as a community kitchen, TV lounge, multi-purpose room and quiet study lounges.
- Parking will be provided for residents in surface lots adjacent to the new housing community, on land that is being leased from UAH.
- The complex is set to open in summer of 2025.
A much-needed UAH student apartment complex
A ceremonial groundbreaking event for Nexus on Holmes is set for October 10 and 10AM.
Nexus fills a need for UAH students who may find that housing close to campus is somewhat scarce. Joey Azar, co-founder of Boaz Ventures, pointed out that much of the housing in Huntsville is located too far away from campus or is too expensive for UAH students.
“As an Alabama-based national leader in the development and management of university-oriented housing, Capstone is thrilled to commence construction on this purpose-built housing community to help meet the needs of UAH students, staff and others in Huntsville seeking well-located and attainably-priced housing. We look forward to pre-leasing this community in anticipation of its opening in summer 2025.”Jeff Jones, principal of Capstone Development Partners