Fathers Day and Juneteenth are both coming up this weekend, and in addition to all of the previously mentioned festivities surrounding those two holidays, the Huntsville area has plenty of events happening over the next few days.
Live music this weekend
The Orion Amphitheater will be hopping this weekend with the T-Minus Music Fest, with all proceeds donated to the U.S. Space and Rocket Center Education Foundation. Here is a handful of live music events, including the festival at the Orion, happening this weekend:
- Knight Shade: June 17, Stovehouse, 7PM. Knight Shade draws upon a variety of experiences and musical tastes to create their unique sound.
- Crown the Sinner/Good Deeds Gone: June 17, Copper Top Dive N Dine. 7PM. Check out this show featuring three bands, including Huntsville own metalcore band, Crown the Sinner.
- T-Minus Fest featuring Old Crow Medicine Show: June 18, Orion Amphitheater, 3PM. See performances by Old Crow Medicine Show, Aaron Lee Tasjan, Jaime Wyatt and Little & The Giants.
- Unique Live Band: June 18, Sidetracks Music Hall, 8PM. Check out the Unique Live Band as they bring their talent and energy to the Sidetracks stage.
- Camp Counselors: June 19, The Camp at MidCity, 2PM. Enjoy live music from the Camp Counselors after checking out the MidCity Market.
Family outings and live theater
Catch a musical, a play or take the family to a campout this weekend. All of these are a possibility in the arwa this weekend:
- Family Campout in the Garden: June 17, Huntsville Botanical Garden, 5PM. Bring your own flashlights, tent, sleeping bags, pillows and lawn chairs and come enjoy an evening outdoors with your family.
- Heathers the Musical: June 17-19, Von Braun Center. Showtimes vary. Check out this musical based on the 1988 cult film starred Winona Ryder and Christian Slater.
- Dads and Donuts: June 18, Designbyhart Pottery Studio, 11AM. Come by the pottery study and design some pottery with your kids! And they’re serving donuts too!
- Village of Providence Artisans & Farmers Market: June 18, 8AM – 2PM. This market offers a seasonal selection of fresh produce and artisan handmade products.
- Reptile Day with Yarbrough’s Educational Reptiles: Burritt on the Mountain. 8AM – 3PM. Burritt on the Mountain is excited to collaborate with Yarbrough’s Educational Reptile Show for its first ever Reptile day.
Sports and Fitness
Whether you want to go on a hike, enter a 5K or attend a baseball game this weekend, there are plenty of sporting events and activities happening in the Huntsville area. Here are a few:
- Rocket City Trash Pandas vs. Montgomery Biscuits: June 17-19, Toyota Field. 6:35PM Friday/Saturday, 2PM Sunday.
- Big Foot Trail Run: June 18, Monte Sano Park, 7AM. Part of the Wild Thangs Trail Series, this is a 5K or 10K run.
- Fitness in the Park: June 18, Big Spring Park, 9AM. Join Pure Barre Huntsville for free a Pure Barre class in Big Spring Park.
- Barre Above Training: June 18, Whitesburg Baptist Church, 9AM. Want to become Barre Certified? Register for our upcoming Barre Above training with Program Specialist, Lauren George.
- Open Gym: June 18, Matrix Gym, 10AM – 11:30AM. Open Gyms are a great way for athletes of all ages to get extra time in our facilities, working on a specific skill or just meeting their friends for some fun.