The weather is getting warmer, school is almost out for the summer and folks are getting out and getting busy in Huntsville. So there is no shortage of things to do in the Rocket City this weekend.
From live music to car shows to outdoor fitness classes, you are sure to find something that suits your fancy this weekend in Huntsville. Here are 15 events that you will want to check out!
Here are a few live music ebents in the Huntsville area this weekend:
- Concerts on the Dock featuring Cheyloe and her Sleepless Knights. May 20, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 6PM. Enjoy the awesome music of singer-songwriter Cheyloe Martin.
- Amanda Pruitt Duo: Stovehouse, 7PM. Come listen to one of the hardest working, independent women in the music business at Stovehouse.
- The Temptation/Four Tops: Mark C. Smith Concert Hall, May 22, 7PM. Legendary musicians performing their beloved hits.
- Twickenham Winds: Thurber Performing Arts Center, 3:30PM. Huntsville’s own super-talented community concert band performing live.
- In This Moment: Mars Music Hall, May 22, 8PM. Check out this American alternative metal band from Los Angeles.
Festivals, Fairs and Markets
There’s a little something for everyone this weekend when it comes to farmers markets, fairs and festivals. Here are few on the slate:
- 12th Annual Rocket City Fair: May 20-31, John Hunt Park, 4PM – 10PM. Come enjoy tasty food, great rides, and a whole lot of family-friendly fun!
- Straight to Ale 13th Anniversary Party: May 21, 5PM, Straight to Ale Brewery. Come celebrate 13 years of brewing, with live music, tasty food and fabulous craft beer.
- Car & Bike Show at Asbury: May 21, 9AM – 1PM, Asbury Church. Check out some cool cars, trucks, and bikes, and a enjoy fun day with free hotdogs, trophies, and giveaways.
- Water Lantern Festival: Big Spring Park May 21, 5PM – 10PM. An illuminating event at Big Spring Park that will light up the sky.
- Spring is Back Block Party: May 22, 11AM – 4PM. The Hippie Butterfly, Madison. Enjoy outdoor vendors, food trucks, music, corn hole, and raffles in Madison.
Sports and Fitness
Watch some spoerts, try out for a team or get fit with these sporting events this weekend:
- Fitness in the Park: May 21, 9AM, Big Spring Park. Dance Fitness with M.E.R.C. Fitness Asylum.
- Madison County Mambas Opening Weekend Carnival: May 21, 4PM – 11PM, Brahan Park. Get ready and come out and cheer on your Madison County Mambas basketball team as they open up the season with a Pep Rally game.
- North Alabama Hockey Association Travel Team Tryouts: 12:30PM, Huntsville Ice Sports Center. Travel teams for 10U to 16U holding tryouts. See the schedule for details.
- David McKannan Memorial 5k and Fun Run: May 21, Ditto Park, 7AM. This run is held in memory of David, an avid runner, loving father, husband and brother who lost his battle with ALS in 2012.
- Pill Hill 10k Run: May 21, 7AM, Greenwyche neighborhood. The race is run in the Greenwyche pool neighborhood utilizing all of the great hills around the Drake and Garth Road intersection.