National Pancake Day is just around the corner—September 26, to be exact—and we want to make sure you can celebrate to your heart’s content. That’s why we’ve rounded up 7 local spots where you can get pancakes every day of the week. Keep reading for our recs.
1. City Cafe Diner
This spot came highly recommended by none other than Michael Seale, our managing content producer. At City Cafe Diner, you can order pancakes all day, every day.
- Address: 2003 Drake Ave SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Sunday-Thursday 6AM-10PM; Friday-Saturday 6AM-12AM
2. Superhero Chefs
Superhero Chefs’ “Supercakes” are larger-than-life pancakes that come in several different flavors. I’d like to try the Sub Zero Cakes—blueberry pancakes with lemon mascarpone sauce. Yum.
- Address: 930 Old Monrovia Rd NW Suite 3, Huntsville, AL 35806
- Hours: Tuesday-Sunday 8AM-3PM
3. Eggs Up Grill
Madison’s newest breakfast spot has all the early-morning foods you crave, including Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes that sound so. good.
4. The Standard Social Market
The Standard’s Sourdough Pancakes sound like the perfect way to start any morning. Visit this bodega-style spot for breakfast downtown, and then head back for a unique cocktail with lunch or dinner.
- Address: 127 Holmes Ave NW Ste 102, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Tuesday-Thursday 7AM-9PM; Friday 7AM-10PM; Saturday 9AM-10PM; Sunday 9AM-2PM
Edgar’s is one of my go-to spots for a quick and delicious weekend brunch. Choose from traditional, blueberry, chocolate chip or pecan toppings for your stack.
- Providence address: 472 Providence Main St NW #100, Huntsville, AL 35806
- South Huntsville address: 2004 Airport Rd SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 6:30AM-7PM; Friday-Saturday 6:30AM-8PM
6. Commerce Kitchen
Looking for something a little more sophisticated? You’re sure to find it at Commerce Kitchen, one of my favorite downtown restaurants, where you can order a side of pancakes with anything on the brunch menu.
- Address: 300 Franklin St SE, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Sunday 10:30AM-3PM, 4-8PM; Monday-Friday 11AM-10PM; Saturday 10:30AM-3PM, 4-10PM
7. Blue Plate Cafe
No one does pancakes like a classic diner. Blue Plate’s Chocolate Chiquita Pancakes sound nothing short of indulgent, topped with chocolate chips + bananas and a healthy dose of whipped cream.