Folks, September is halfway over (believe it or not) which means we have just half a month left of Huntsville Music Month. Enjoying this celebration of Huntsville music is the theme this weekend, with Women in Music Weekend happening downtown all weekend long.
But that’s not the only event happening in and around Huntsville this weekend: Check it out:
As we mentioned, the music calendar this weekend is full of some excellent female musicians playing downtown all weekend for Women in Music Weekend. Also, check out some more of these music events in town this weekend:
- Women in Music Weekend: Sept. 15-18, Downtown Huntsville, 5PM. This event allows Huntsville to showcase more than 30 local women in the music industry at more than 30 different venues downtown.
- Silver Silos: Sept. 16, Stovehouse, 7PM. Check out this Huntsville band featuring front man Taylor Burton playing roots-rock original music.
- Black Jacket Symphony: Sept. 17, Marc C. Smith Music Hall, 5PM. Black Jacket Symphony plays the iconic 80ps album 1984 by Van Halen.
- Lain Tomlinson: Sept. 17, Salty Nut Brewery, 6PM. Enjoy the country tunes of Lain Tomlinson while sipping on some fabulous local brews.
- Stolen Faces: Sept 17, Furniture Factory, 7PM. Groove along to the music of the Grateful Dead Saturday night at the Furniture Factory.
Parties, Markets, Festivals
Whether you want to join in on the Land Trust of North Alabama’s Moondance party at Monte Sane or take in some local art at Fractal Brewing, there’s plenty on the calendar this weekend:
- 25th Annual Oktoberfest: Sept. 16-17, Redstone MWR, Fri. 5PM, Sat. 12PM. Redstone MWR and Woody Anderson Ford are excited to bring back the Oktoberfest for its 25th year. Don’t miss the rides and live music!
- NEACA Fall 2022 Craft Show: Sept. 6-17, Von Braun Center, 9AM. Check out crafters with items ranging from jewelry, pottery, home decor, outdoor decor, dolls, clothing, kitchen accessories, childrens items, food and much more.
- Fractal Art Market on the Patio: Sept. 17, Fractal Brewing, 5PM. See and purchase works from local artists while listening to live music and enjoying some local beer.
- Moondance at Three Caves: Sept. 17, Three Caves at Monte Sano, 6PM. The Land Trust of North Alabama hosts this fundraiser event at Monte Sano.
- Huntsville Ghost Walk: Sept. 17, Harrison Bros. Hardware, 6PM. Meet up at historic Harrison Bros. Hardware to take a haunted tour of Huntsville’s Twickenham and Olde Towne districts.
Sports & Fitness
If you want to watch some sporting events live, Huntsville has you covered. If you want to participate in some sports, Huntsville has you covered. Here are juts a few sports and fitness events this weekend:
- Trash Pandas vs. Birmingham Barons: Sept. 16-18, Toyota Field, 6:35PM Fri.-Sat., 2:30PM Sunday. The Trash Pandas host Birmingham for their final homestand of the regular season.
- Inaugural Shotgun Salute- Sporting Clay Shoot: Sept. 16, Old South Clays (Athens), 2PM. Hunters and non-hunters alike will enjoy this sporting clays shoot at Old South Clays in Athens.
- Beginner Scuba Class: Sept. 17, Southeastern Divers, 8AM. Ever wanted to learn to scuba dive? Well here is your chance at Southeaster Divers in Huntsville!
- North Alabama Showcase/Southern Showcase: Sept. 16-17, John Hunt Park. 8AM. These two premier cross country competitions include some of the top collegiate cross country teams (North Alabama Showcase) and top high school teams (Southern Showcase).
- Learn to Curl: Sept. 18, Huntsville Ice Sports Center, 4PM. Learn the fastest growing Olympic sport in the country with Alabama’s first and oldest curling club.
What are you getting into this weekend? Let us know on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.
You must be logged in to post a comment.