It’s graduation season, which means it’s time for photos!
Whether you’re looking for a spot to take grad, engagement or family photos or simply need to update your social media presence, we’ve got you covered. Read on for 10 of our favorite photo locations in and around Huntsville.
1. 106 Jefferson Chandelier Mural
One of Huntsville’s newest murals is the perfect spot to strike a pose. If you’re looking for a pop of color to punch up your IG feed, you should stop here first.
- Address: Near Greasy Hands Barbershop, 107 Clinton Ave W, Huntsville, AL 35801
2. Burritt on the Mountain
Get one of the best views in town at Burritt on the Mountain. Walk along one of the nature trails for unique views and a bit of adventure.
- Address: 3101 Burritt Dr SE, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: Sunday 12AM-5PM; Tuesday-Saturday 9AM-5PM
3. Monte Sano State Park
Another mountaintop destination, the overlook at Monte Sano is perfect for nature lovers. you can also take photos at the lodge and on the trails. This would be stunning in the fall.
- Address: 5105 Nolen Ave SE, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hours: 8AM-5PM daily
4. Main Street, Madison
Main Street in Madison is home to several of our favorite local businesses (looking at you, Old Black Bear), but it’s also a sweet spot for photos. Head to the gazebo, or grab a few snaps while you walk down the main stretch.
- Address: Main Street, Madison, AL 35758
5. Big Spring Park
Who could forget one of downtown Huntsville’s most eye-catching destinations, Big Spring Park? Head to the east part of the park for photos by the Welcome to Huntsville mural and the Koi Fish, or go to the red bridge at the west side of the park—you might even get a cameo from a local celebrity. (And yes, we’re talking about the ducks.)
6. Huntsville Botanical Garden
Spring has sprung, and there’s no better place to enjoy it than the Huntsville Botanical Garden. If you’re interested in having or taking professional photos in the Garden, you will need to pay a fee—simply fill out the online photography application to make sure you’re approved. (This only applies to professional sessions, so no worries for hobbyists and other visitors.)
- Address: 4747 Bob Wallace Ave SW, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Hours: Sunday 11AM-6:30PM; Monday-Thursday 9AM-6:30PM; Friday-Saturday 9AM-6PM
7. Ditto Landing
Ditto Landing is one of South Huntsville’s favorite spots to watch the sun set over the Tennessee River. Explore the 17 acres of space, and don’t miss your perfect golden hour photo.
- Address: 293 Ditto Landing Rd SE, Huntsville, AL 35803
- Hours: Monday 10AM-6PM; Tuesday-Friday 9AM-6PM; Saturday-Sunday 9AM-8PM
8. U.S. Space and Rocket Center
What’s better than a photo with the Saturn V? Photos with all the other cool exhibits at the U.S. Space and Rocket Center. Nothing says “Rocket City” like, well, rockets.
- Address: 1 Tranquility Base, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Hours: 9AM-5PM daily
9. Campus No. 805
Campus 805 is so much more than an old school. Bring your camera into Ronnie Raygun’s Pinball Arcade for a vintage-inspired photoshoot like no other, or explore the speakeasy, the numerous on-site restaurants and bars, or wander the halls of the old middle school. You never know what you’ll find.
- Address: 2620 Clinton Ave W, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Hours: 7AM-2AM daily
10. Lowe Mill
Huntsville’s favorite textile-mill-turned-entertainment-district is brimming with unique character. Explore the property, or make use of the light-filled third floor warehouse designated specifically for photography. Just don’t forget to grab a photography pass first.
- Address: 2211 Seminole Dr SW, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Hours: Wednesday-Saturday 11AM-7PM
What do you think is the most photogenic spot in town? You know what to do—tag @hvilleblast and use #hvilleblast in all your fabulous photos.