Welcome to the (almost) weekend, Huntsvillians! As we approach Valentines Day, you may be looking for something to do in and around Huntsville (check out Sarah Gronberg’s guide to Valentine’s Day events and Mardi Gras events) and there’s plenty to get into.
Check out these events:Read more
If you wonder if Huntsville’s live music scene includes some variety, look no further than this weekend’s slate of live music events — which includes some loud and explosive rock and roll, a tribute to Mozart and a lot in between. Catch these shows if you can:
- Taylor Grace: Feb. 10, Stovehouse, 6PM. Check out Taylor Grace, a super-talented singer/songwriter from the iconic Muscle Shoals.
- Huntsville Master Chorale presents “Mosaic of Love”: Feb. 11, UAH Conference Training Center, 4PM. The Huntsville Master Chorale presents a unique concert featuring choral arrangements of pop songs, from Motown, Chicago, The Beatles, Billy Joel and more.
- Huntsville Symphony Orchestra – Conversation with Mozart: Feb. 11, Mark C. Smith Concerts Hall. 7:30PM. Enjoy some of Mozart’s masterpieces, courtesy of the HSO.
- Highly Suspect: Feb. 11, Mars Music Hall, 8PM. Catch this amazing show featuring Massachusetts-based rockers Highly Suspect!
- Black Water Brass: Feb. 12, The Camp at MidCity, 4PM. Black Water Brass brings their brand of funk and brass music up from the Gulf coast!
Sports + Fitness
Want to run a 5K this weekend? How about catching some pro hockey? And by the way, where are you watching the Super Bowl? Perhaps the answer to those questions can be found here in this list of athletic things to do in town this weekend:
- UAH Baseball vs. UMSL: Feb. 10-12, Charger Park, Fri. 1PM, Sat. (doubleheader) 12PM, Sun. 12PM. Cheer on the Chargers baseball team as they host the University of Missouri-St. Louis for four games this weekend!
- Huntsville Havoc Hockey: Feb. 10-11, Propst Arena, 7PM. The Huntsville Havoc have two home games this weekend, including Jersey Giveaway Night Saturday night!
- Simply Saturday Yoga w/Mi-Thai-Mmm: Feb. 11, Dr. Robert Shurney Legacy Center, 12PM. Try out this yoga class for all experience levels, exploring multiple poses and styles of yoga.
- Winter Winds Road Races: Feb. 12, Sandra Moon Community Complex, 2PM. There is a 2-mile and 4-mile run that begin at the Sandra Moon Complex Sunday.
- Super Bowl Watch Party: Feb. 12, Brewers Co-op at Stovehouse, 5:30PM. Hey, it’s the biggest football game of the year and you want to watch it while enjoying some quality craft beer, right?
Theater, Classes + more
There really are always cool things to go in this town, especially on weekends, and this weekend is no exception. Take a look at some of these events in and around the Rocket City:
- Dangerously in Love Mystery Dinner: Feb. 10, InstaSpace Studio, 7PM. These are so much fun! Get immersed in a murder mystery where everyone is a suspect!
- Recognizing Mr. Right: Feb. 10-11, The Kamp (Decatur), Fri., 7PM, Sat. 5PM. Don’t miss this hilarious musical theater production by Tiffany LaMeia & Co.
- Winter Tree Identification Workshop: Feb. 11, Chapman Mountain Nature Preserve, 10:30AM. Have you ever wanted to be able to identify the trees lining the trails of Land Trust preserves? Here’s your chance!
- “Too Much Light Makes The Baby Go Blind” by Theatre Huntsville: Feb. 11, Theatre Huntsville Studio Theatre, 7PM. Enjoy Theatre Huntsville’s ensemble experiment in presenting “30 Plays in 60 Minutes.”
- Adult & Teen Craft Saturdays: Feb. 11, Triana Public Library, 2PM. Feeling crafty? Triana Public Library is hosting a monthly Craft Saturday for teens and adults.
Keep up with what’s happening in and around Huntsville by following us on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter!
You must be logged in to post a comment.