My husband and I aren’t “broke college students” any longer, but that doesn’t mean we don’t take the opportunity to save a buck when it comes to date night entertainment—I mean, have you seen housing prices in Huntsville?
Thankfully for you, dear reader, we’ve found lots of things to do in and around Huntsville that won’t break the bank, whether you’re going out with a significant other or a friend or just treating yourself. Here are 15 ideas if you need a little date-night inspo.
You don’t have to spend money to have a ton of fun—here’s proof:
- Watch artists at work at Lowe Mill.
- Take a hike. Between the City of Madison’s greenways and trails managed by the Land Trust of North Alabama, there are lots of free ways to enjoy the outdoors.
- Catch a local musician live at Stovehouse or The Camp.
- Visit the Market at MidCity and take a look at all the unique local goods on display.
- Hop on a guided walking tour of the city to learn a little more about Huntsville’s history.
Ideas under $10
- Visit Monte Sano State Park. Admission is just $5 apiece for adults, and it gets you access to all the park’s trails + the weekly shows at the Von Braun Planetarium.
- Head to the Huntsville Museum of Art on Thursday evenings for $5 admission after 5PM. Use the money you’ve saved to grab a glass of wine from Church Street Wine Shoppe to sip while you take in the artwork.
- Grab a coffee or a pastry and then walk around Downtown Huntsville—see if you can find all the spots on the secret art trial.
- Get a drink from Old Black Bear Taproom or a snack from Zion Gourmet Popcorn on Main Street in Madison.
- Rent a tennis court for $3 per player at Dublin Memorial Park in Madison and test your athletic prowess.
Ideas under $25
- Choose a spot from our cheap eats guide and treat yourselves to something delicious and budget-friendly.
- Bring a picnic blanket and watch a Trash Pandas game from the Berm—tickets start at less than $9 per person, and you might even catch a foul ball.
- Play classic arcade games at Pints and Pixels. Get unlimited play for $10 per person, and use your extra cash to grab a drink (or a chocolate milkshake) from the bar.
- Go see a local comedian at Shenanigans Comedy Theatre. Tickets typically run around $10 apiece, and the owners regularly give away free tickets on social media.
- Split a larger-than-life milkshake from The Yard Milkshake Bar in Town Madison.
What’s your favorite budget-friendly date idea in Huntsville? We’re always looking for more inspiration—share them with us on Facebook and Instagram, and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter for twice-weekly updates on all things Huntsville.