The Market at MidCity reopens in March, + 3 other places to get local produce right now

fresh veggies
These are a few of my favorite things. (MidCity District on Facebook)

One of Huntsville’s favorite farmers markets comes back next week.

From March 13 through November 13, you’ll be able to find all your favorite local produce at the Market at MidCity every Sunday. That’s 34 chances to buy some local produce and support area farmers and artisans.

Get the full scoop on the Market + 3 other Huntsville spots with farm-fresh produce right here:

1. The Market at MidCity

market at midcity flyer
The countdown to March 13 begins now. (Market at MidCity)

The Market at MidCity hosts dozens of vendors each year. For an idea of what to expect, here are some local vendors who have sold at the Market in the past:

  • Henry’s Family Farm
  • Hilltop Lavender Farm
  • Knox Woodwork
  • Midway Mushrooms
  • Piper & Leaf Artisan Tea
  • Suzy’s Popsicles
  • Sweet Thyme Bakery

It’s the Market’s policy for local farmers to be the focus point, so 70% of the vendors are farmers and food sellers. The other 30% are local artisans and non-food vendors.

Location: The Camp, 5909 University Drive, Huntsville, AL 5806
Hours: Sunday, 1PM-5PM
Facebook | Instagram | Website

Make sure to check out MidCity’s other attractions while you’re there, like Dave & Buster’s, Topgolf, REI and more.

2. S & J Produce Farms

S & J zinnias
I’m ready for zinnia season. (Emily Phillips / Hville Blast)

Though S & J hasn’t announced an official date yet, they’re planning to open their doors again in March after being closed since November. Go there for pick-your-own zinnias and sunflowers, as well as farmers market favorites like berries, tomatoes, squash and more.

Location: 8126 Hwy 72 W, Madison, AL 35758
Hours: Sunday 9AM-4PM; Monday-Saturday 8:30AM-6PM
Facebook | Instagram | Website

3. Scott’s Orchard

Scott's honey
A delicious byproduct of the apple orchard? Local honey. (Scott’s Orchard on Facebook)

Scott’s Orchard is serving the Hazel Green community with fresh apples, peaches and more. Pick up fresh fruit there, or buy an apple or peach tree to grow your own produce at home.

Location: 2163 Scott Rd, Hazel Green, AL 35750
Hours: Friday and Saturday 9AM-5PM
Facebook | Instagram | Website

4. Oakwood Farms Market

Oakwood produce
Farm fresh. (Oakwood Farms Market on Facebook)

Oakwood Farms is Oakwood University’s on-campus farm. Shop online or on campus at Oakwood Farms Market for classic farmers market fruits and veggies as well as other grocery products under the Oakwood Farms label.

Location: 5001 Adventist Blvd NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
Hours: Sunday 9AM-6PM; Monday-Thursday 9AM-7PM; Friday 9AM-4PM
Facebook | Instagram | Website

Will you be visiting the Market at MidCity? Tell us about your finds on social media by tagging @hvilleblast and using #hvilleblast.

Emily Phillips
Emily Phillips
Articles: 245