Hey it’s Halloween time (well, not until Monday, but it is Halloween weekend) and there are so many Halloween-themed events this weekend in the Huntsville area, we had a hard time listing them all!
There are plenty of Trunk-or-Treat events this weekend, which we covered earlier this month, but Halloween parties are plentiful in the Rocket City this weekend.
So, we gave Halloween parties their own category in this weekend’s event guide. Check it out:Read more
Zombie Prom at Stovehouse + more Halloween parties
Who says Halloween is just for kids? Halloween parties in the Huntsville area this weekend to bring out the spooky kid in you:
- Free Rex Halloween Party: Oct. 28, Maggie Meyers Irish Pub, 8PM. Dress up, get out and have a great time at this awesome Halloween party sponsored by Bacardi.
- Spooky Spirits Halloween Cocktail Party: Oct. 28. Orion Amphitheater, 6PM-10PM. Kick off Halloween weekend festivities while enjoying upscale cocktail and candy pairings, local food trucks, beer, wine, and more!
- Friday Fright Night Halloween Party: Oct. 28, Bar Vista, 6PM. This Halloween party includes a costume contest with prizes, drink specials and more!
- Zombie Prom: Oct. 28, Stovehouse, 8PM. This is awesome. Expect an eerie assortment of amenities for you and your prom date, including frightful cocktails and shots and a prom photo booth to capture the monstrous memory of this unforgettable night.
- Deadman’s Party Halloween Dance: Oct. 29, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment. Dress up, dance it up and have a great time (and try ti win the costume contest as well!) at Lowe Mill!
Don’t forget to check out the Blossomwood Witches Ride as well!
Bloctober at the Orion + more live Music
Don’t forget to take in some live music this weekend! There’s a nice slate of tunes and bands all over town over the next few days, from opera to organ and percussion and more:
- Opera Huntsville presents Bluebeard’s Castle: Oct. Oct. 28-29, Von Braun Center, 7:30PM Fri., 2PM Sat. With a chamber orchestra led by Daniel Krenz and direction by Rebekah Alexander and David Ian Lee, this psychological thriller will run during the week of Halloween.
- Sarah Johnson: Oct. 28, Green Bus Brewery, 7PM. Enjoy some tasty brews and listen to the music of local musician Sarah Johnson.
- Spooktacular Organ and Percussion Concert: Oct. 28, First Baptist Church of Huntsville, 5PM. What a great time of year to put on this awesome organ and precision concert. There has always been something kind of spooky about organ music.
- Bloctober: Oct. 29, Orion Amphitheater, 5PM. Bloctober is back for a third year – this time with our friends over at The Orion Amphitheater! Come dance, mosh, grab a drink, and shop with some amazing vendors. Doors are at 4:30 PM with music starting at 5 PM.
- Eduardo: Oct. 29, Stovehouse, 7PM. Peruvian artist Eduardo’s songs have a little something for everybody, and with his latest release, he is poised to reach his largest audience yet.
UAH International Festival + more events
Get out and about and celebrate fall this weekend in the Huntsville area. There are some awesome fall festivals and more events you can check out in Huntsville and Madison:
- Apple Annie Day Carnival: Oct. 29, Constitution Hall Park, 12PM – 5PM. There will be games and treats for the whole family, including face painting by “Let’s Face It” and a performance from JLH’s own “Rainbow Rhythm Band.”
- Railyard BBQ Brawl and Music Festival: Oct. 29, Downtown Madison, 11AM 0 10:30PM. The inaugural Railyard BBQ Brawl and Music Festival is coming to Historic Downtown Madison. BBQ cooking, fun and entertainment, culminating with live musical performances.
- 2nd Annual International Festival: Oct. 29, UAH Shelby Center, 10AM – 3PM. Last year’s event drew more than 1,000 people, and this year’s should be even better, with celebrations of dozens of countries and cultures.
- Fall Festival: Oct. 29, Blossomwood Elementary School, 10AM – 2PM. Join the fun with games, prizes, inflatables, food trucks, pumpkin contests, a silent auction, face painting, and so much more
- GTSM Alabama Fall Autograph Show: Oct. 29, Parkway Place, 10AM – 3PM. Get autographs and take photos with past and current stars of your Crimson Tide! Featuring Will Anderson, Malachi Moore, Eli Ricks, John Copeland, Eric Curry and more!
What are you getting into this weekend? Let us know on Facebook, TikTok and Instagram, and be sure to subscribe to our newsletter so you don’t miss announcements on what’s happening in and around Huntsville.