It’s nearly June, Huntsville! Where has the year gone?
We’re excited to present your June events guide below. Here are the events you don’t want to miss.
PS: See something we left out? Feel free to send it to us on social media.
1. Concerts in the Park
This summer-long event has been a favorite for Huntsville natives for years. Head to the Huntsville Museum of Art to hear local artists play every genre, from rock and roll to Celtic.
- When: Mondays June-August, 6:30-8:30PM
- Where: Huntsville Museum of Art outdoor stage at Big Spring International Park, Church St SW, Huntsville, AL 35801
- No tickets needed
2. Rocket City Pride Happy Hour @ Stella’s
Rocket City Pride will host a happy hour event at Stella’s Elixir Lounge on the first Thursday of the month. Head over for these specials:
- $7 mules
- $5 wells
- $5 wine
- $3 beer
Here’s where to find it:
- When: Thursday, June 2, 3-7PM
- Where: Stella’s Elixir Lounge, 127 Holmes Ave NW Ste 202, Huntsville, AL 35801
Check out Rocket City Pride’s full slate of Pride Month events.
3. The Daylily Festival
June marks the best time to see the daylilies at Huntsville Botanical Garden, and there’s no better time to see them than at the Daylily Festival. There, you’ll see more than 800 daylily varieties, plus have all your questions answered by volunteers from the Daylily Society.
- When: Saturday, June 4, 9AM-12PM
- Where: Huntsville Botanical Garden, 4747 Bob Wallace Ave SW, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Admission included with Garden tickets
4. Cigar Box Guitar Festival
Did you know that Huntsville is home to the world’s longest-running Cigar Box Guitar Festival? The event will feature a kickoff party at Salty Nut Brewery on Friday night and fun activities all day Saturday at Lowe Mill, including the opportunity to build your own cigar box guitar.
The best part? All proceeds from the event go toward local music education, supporting the Microwave Dave Music Education Foundation + the North Alabama Arts Education Collaborative.
- When: Friday, June 3-Saturday, June 4
- Where: Salty Nut Brewery, 2404 Clinton Ave W, Huntsville, AL 35805, and Lowe Mill, 2211 Seminole Dr SW, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Admission is free, but donations are appreciated! Travel packages are available for out-of-town guests
5. Neil deGrasse Tyson @ the Orion
Science lovers and film nerds alike will find something to love in Neil deGrasse Tyson’s “An Astrophysicist Goes to the Movies,” the show he’s bringing to the Orion Amphitheater this June. Listen to Tyson talk about what your favorite films got right—and wrong—about science in Huntsville’s brand new entertainment venue.
- When: Wednesday, June 8, 7PM
- Apollo South opens at 5PM and doors open at 6PM
- Where: The Orion Amphitheater, 701 Amphitheater Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
- Get tickets
6. Black Restaurant Week
Huntsville’s annual Black Restaurant Week takes place during the third week of June this year. The event highlights more than 100 local, Black-owned restaurants, catering companies, bakeries and more. There will also be events throughout the week like community conversations, a bar crawl and live music.
7. Southern Fried Film Festival
The Southern Fried Film Festival is back with more than a dozen new films you need to see. Screenings will take place all weekend at the following local venues:
- The Orion Amphitheater
- 3rd Circle Cellars at Campus No. 805
- Salty Nut Brewery
You’ll need a ticket for the opening night event at the Orion, but no tickets are necessary for the other events.
8. HAWS Cutest Dog Contest at The Camp
Is your pup the cutest there is? Time to find out once and for all. Helping Animals Without Shelter is hosting its 3rd annual Cutest Dog Contest at The Camp June 11. Your $10 entry fee helps HAWS keep animals safe from the elements.
- When: Saturday, June 11, 11AM
- Where: The Camp, 5909 University Dr NW, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Register your pup here. Event is free to attend
9. Cummings Research Park Food Truck Fest
The June edition of the CRP Food Truck Fest will feature the following vendors:
- Level Up
- Fast Frankie’s Wicked Eats
- Taste of Maine
- Highway Kabobery
- Chillz on Wheelz
Here’s where to find it:
- When: Tuesday, June 14, 11AM-1PM
- Where: Cummings Research Park, 990 Explorer Blvd NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
10. Eats for Education
Good food + great cause = a nice way to spend a lunch break. You’ll get to take advantage of that very combo at Eats for Education, a food truck rally that benefits The Schools Foundation. They’ll also have a dunk booth, a silent auction and other great activities.
11. Feed the City Huntsville
Get involved in TangoTab’s mission to tackle hunger in your community. Head to the grocery store to buy sandwich meat, cheese, bread, mustard, tangerines, chips and sandwich bags. Then, head to Mellow Mushroom on the morning of June 18 and get ready to assemble sandwiches that will go directly to hungry people in Huntsville.
- When: Saturday, June 18, 8:30-10:30AM
- Where: Mellow Mushroom, 470 Providence Main St NW, Huntsville, AL 35806
- RSVP to the Facebook event for updates
12. The Rocket City Juneteenth Music Fest
Lowe Mill will be hosting the Rocket City Juneteenth Music Fest, a fundraiser for the United Entertainment Group Fund that will feature delicious food, family-friendly activities and great, local entertainment. Billed as the “largest cultural celebration of North Alabama,” it’s a unique event you won’t want to miss.
- When: Saturday, June 18, 2-10PM
- Where: Lowe Mill, 2211 Seminole Dr SW, Huntsville, AL 35805
- Get tickets
13. Drake State STEM bootcamps
Drake State will offer free bootcamps for underrepresented students in STEM this summer through the NASA Minority University Research and Education Project. Topics include:
- Machine tool
- Engineering design
- Regular welding
- Systems engineering
Here’s what you need to know:
- When: Friday, June 17 and Saturday, June 25, 9AM-4PM
- Where: Drake State Community & Technical College