As kids are getting out of school for the holidays this weekend and the holiday shopping season remains in full force, why not get out and find something fun to do in and around Huntsville this weekend?
There’s plenty of holiday-themed fun to find in the Rocket City, as well as some fantastic sporting events and markets to check out. Take a look:Read more: Holiday concerts + 13 fun events in Huntsville this weekend
Holiday concerts definitely dominate the live music calendar this weekend, and rightly so! Here are some top picks for live music in Huntsville and Madison this weekend:
- Seeking Babylon: Dec. 16, Humphrey’s Bar & Grill, 9PM. Start the weekend off right at Humphrey’s and hang out through the night enjoying the tunes of Seeking Babylon!
- Rocket City Trombone Christmas: Dec. 17, Stovehouse, 12PM. Trombonists from many cities across several states gather at Stovehouse to put on one of the best (and free) holiday concerts in the city.
- 3 Way Handshake Trio: Dec. 17, Innerspace Brewery, 7PM. Try some great local beer while listening to the acoustic music and sultry harmonies provided by these three leading ladies.
- Lee Brice & Scotty McCreery: Dec. 17, Von Braun Center, 7PM. Enjoy an acoustic evening with country music stars Lee Brice and Scotty McCreery.
- Madison City Community Orchestra Holiday Concert: Dec. 18, Madison Public Library, 2PM. We told you there were some great holiday concerts this weekend! Hear all of your holiday favorites performed by the Madison City Community Orchestra.
Shows, markets + family events
If you need some more stuff for your shopping list at a local market or just want some entertaining family events to see, we have you covered:
- Sanders Family Christmas: Dec. 16, Burritt on the Mountain, 7PM. This hilarious show is back in town this holiday season!
- Winter Solstice Artist Market: Dec. 17, Lowe Mill ARTS & Entertainment, 12PM. The Winter Solstice Market is the perfect place to bring your out-of-town family members to show them the best local artist and makers North Alabama has to offer.
- Ice Queen & Snow Princess Visit and Story Time: Dec. 17, Parkway Place Mall, 1-3PM. Enjoy story time & free photos from 1pm-3pm at the Play Area on the upper level!
- Trap Wing Fest: Dec. 17, Holderfield Plaza, 4PM-8PM. Check out this “Mini Pop Up Shop Wing Fest Event,” with a trap music theme, cocktails and more.
- The Huntsville Flea Mini Holiday Market: Dec. 18, Gold Sprint Coffee, 11AM-4PM. From vintage clothing to classic records and more, you have to see what’s being sold here at this awesome flea market!
Sports + Fitness
We posted earlier this week about all of the sporting events happening in and around Huntsville over the next few weeks, and this weekend is packed full of them! Check these out:
- Huntsville Havoc vs. Pensacola: Dec. 17, Von Braun Center, 7PM. Cheer on the Havoc at Propst Arena Saturday night.
- Rudolph Run: Dec. 17, Constitution Hall Park, 8AM. get on your running shoes and head downtown to compete in this race, or cheer on the runners as a spectator.
- Beginning Scuba Classes: Dec. 17, Southeastern Divers, 8AM. Ever wanted to learn to scuba dive? Here’s your chance at Southeastern Divers in Huntsville!
- Simply Saturday Yoga: Dec. 17, Dr. Robert Shurney Legacy Center, 12PM. Join Mi-Thai-Mmm for this yoga class for participants of all skill levels.
- UAH Basketball: Dec. 18, Spraggins Hall, 2PM. The Chargers men’s and women’s teams each play home games this Sunday!