North Alabama, the wait is over: Buc-ee’s is finally open!
The Texas-based gas station and convenience store opened its doors yesterday, Nov. 21, just one year after the initial groundbreaking. Here’s what it was like:
Fudge, fresh food + more
My visit to the Athens Buc-ee’s was my first ever Buc-ee’s experience, and I think I understand some of the hype. If you’re planning to visit, make sure to block out plenty of time to browse. Once you arrive, you’ll find:
- 120 fuel pumps
- 250-foot-long car wash (still under construction but coming soon)
- 60,000 square feet of retail
- Hot food, snacks and more
- T-shirts and Buc-ee’s merch (including Christmas stockings and home decor)
I’ll have to go back on my next road trip to try the iconic fudge, beaver nuggets + pulled pork sandwich.
You can find it at 2328 Lindsay Ln S, Athens, AL 35613.
Other locations in Alabama
The Athens store is Buc-ee’s location #3 for Alabama. Other locations include:
- Leeds: 6900 Buc-ee’s Blvd, Leeds, AL 35094 | Behind-the-scenes info
- Loxley: 20403 Co Rd 68, Robertsdale, AL 36567
- Plus, a new Auburn location is coming soon!
Buc-ee’s Athens is still hiring for part-time and full-time positions—apply online.
Share your Buc-ee’s experiences with us on social media by tagging @hvilleblast and using #hvilleblast.