Lots of fun things happened last week here in Huntsville—a private island went up for sale, a popular dive bar reopened and lots of flowers started blooming.
We’re here to catch you up on all those stories and more, which happen to be the buzziest of last week! Let’s dive in.
1. Want to buy an island? Smith Lake’s famous Goat Island is for sale
What’s happening: A 60-acre private island is for sale in Cullman’s Smith Lake. While it no longer has goats, the island does have over 18,000 feet of water frontage, power and water.
- Location: Goat Island, Cullman, Alabama 35057
- Size: 60 acres
- Price: $2.9 million
2. Thirsty Turtle reopens after 7-month hiatus—everything you need to know
What’s happening: The Thirsty Turtle, which served Huntsville for over 20 years before closing last summer, has reopened. The popular dive bar, well-known to locals, is serving up food and non-alcoholic beverages right now as they await their liquor license.
- Location: 4800 Whitesburg Dr, Huntsville, AL 35802
- Opening Date: Now open, serving food and non-alcoholic beverages for the time being
- Facebook | Instagram
3. New and coming soon: 5 places in Huntsville to check out
- Now open in Stovehouse’s Gaslight Alley, Lauren Kenzie is a jewelry store with permanent jewelry services and plenty of bling.
- Rocket City E-Bikes just gave Huntsville a new way to explore. They’ve got plenty of bikes now available for rent at their convenient Downtown location.
- Clinton Row has a new resident—Mojana Soaps. Jel Mojana handcrafts her own natural soaps and bath products, and molds them into the cutest shapes.
- There’s lots of new spots coming soon to Clift Farm, and they just added Cinnaholic to the list.
- Katie Butts and Susie Fortner are starting up Manners Club of the South, offering their first etiquette classes next month.
4. 4 dog events in Huntsville this spring—Pup Palooza, Fido Fest and more
- Pet Day at University Pickers: Saturday, April 1, 9AM-6PM at University Pickers
- Pup Palooza: Sunday, April 16, 1PM at the Orion Amphitheater
- Patio PAWty: Saturday, April 22, 11AM-3PM at Yellowhammer Brewing
- Fido Fest: Saturday, May 6, 12-2PM at Bridge Street Town Centre
5. 6 flower farms to check out in the Huntsville area
The flower farms:
- Joyful Morning Flower Farm: 707 Giles Dr NE, Huntsville, AL 35801
- Hubert Family Farms: 432 Narrow Ln, New Market, AL 35761
- Field + Forage: 2416 Hobbs Island Rd SE, Huntsville, AL 35803
- Flower Child: 3176 Maysville Rd NE, Huntsville, AL 35811
- The Flowering Ranch: 12444 Pulaski Pike, Toney, AL 35773
- Moonflower Farms: 948 Co Rd 112, Fort Payne, AL 35968
Want updates like this delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our newsletter today.
You must be logged in to post a comment.