Next week marks my two-year anniversary as a Madison resident, and I’ve loved every bit of it. But, when it came time to give a full neighborhood tour of Madison, I knew I needed an expert to guide me—that’s where RealtySouth Agent Heather Kingsley came in.
Read on to find out what makes Madison such a special town.
Meet Heather Kingsley
Heather has lived in Madison for 17 years. A resident since 2005, she’s had a front-row seat to all of the explosive growth the town has experienced over the last two decades, bringing new businesses and restaurants, developments like Town Madison and Clift Farm, and the arrival of the Rocket City Trash Pandas and Toyota Field.
But, that doesn’t mean that Madison has lost its small-town charm.
“I think my favorite part of Madison is how family-friendly it is, so many great events, and all of the local establishments where you are always bound to run into a friend.”Heather Kingsley, RealtySouth Agent + Madison resident
Heather loves that Madison has maintained its community-first feel even as it’s grown. Ready to get exploring? Here are the spots you need to visit:
3 places to shop
Whether you’re looking for a gift for someone you love or a way to treat yourself, you’ll find what you’re looking for in Madison. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Noble Passage Interiors, 204 Main St, Madison, AL 35758 | Open Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM; Saturday 10AM-4PM
- Daisy Lane Gifts, 11156 County Line Rd UNIT A, Madison, AL 35756 | Open Monday-Tuesday, Thursday-Friday 10AM-5:30PM; Wednesday 10AM-5PM; Saturday 10AM-4PM
- Holtz Leather Co, coming soon to the corner of Sullivan St. and Main
7 places to grab a bite
Madison has no shortage of delicious spots to eat. Here’s one to try every day of the week:
- Old Black Bear Brewing Company, 208 Main St, Madison, AL 35758 | Open Sunday 10AM-4PM; Monday-Thursday, 4-11PM; Friday-Saturday 11AM-11PM
- Goodland Pour House, 12110 County Line Rd suite a, Madison, AL 35756 | Open Tuesday-Friday, 11AM-2PM, 4-9PM; Saturday, 11AM-9PM
- Cork & Crust Pizzeria and Wine Bar, 12120 County Line Rd, Madison, AL 35756 | Open Tuesday-Thursday 4-8PM; Friday 4-9PM; Saturday 11AM-2PM, 4-9PM; Sunday 11AM-2PM
- Main Street Cafe, 101 Main St, Madison, AL 35758 | Open Monday-Tuesday 11AM-2PM; Wednesday-Thursday 11AM-2PM, 5-8PM; Friday-Saturday 11AM-2PM, 5-9PM
- I Love Sushi, 8429 US-72, Madison, AL 35758 | Open Sunday 11:30AM-2:30PM, 5-9PM; Monday-Thursday 11AM-2PM, 5-9:30PM; Friday 11AM-2PM, 5-10:30PM; Saturday 11:30AM-2:30PM, 5-10:30PM
- Champy’s Famous Fried Chicken, 8020 Madison Blvd, Madison, AL 35758 | Open every day 10:30AM-10PM
- Eggs Up Grill, 300 Hughes Rd, Madison, AL 35758 | Hours TBA—coming soon!
BONUS: Check out our full guide to coffee shops in Madison.
3 community events to look forward to
For the full community experience, look no further than the many festivals and community events hosted in Downtown Madison. Here’s what you have to look forward to for the rest of this year:
- Third Thursdays on Main: Downtown Madison | Third Thursday of each month May-August
- Madison Street Festival: Downtown Madison | First Saturday in October
- Railyard BBQ Brawl + Music Festival: Downtown Madison | Friday, October 28-Saturday, October 29
BONUS: Market tips + more
Here’s the insight Heather gave on home buying in Madison:
- Average home price: $475,646
- Homes sold or pending in last six months: 825
Madison also offers:
- Great schools with top ratings on Niche and U.S. News
- Proximity to Redstone Arsenal, Research Park and Huntsville International Airport
- New businesses and restaurants opening all the time
Find your next home in Madison with help from RealtySouth. 256.489.0364 | Website
Reviewed by Sharron Swain
You must be logged in to post a comment.